We’ve added annotation files for a variety of films for two core classes at UCLA:
- Films annotated for this course: Rashomon, The Goddess, Ugetsu, Black Girl, Chungking Express, and The Killer
- Form and style topics covered: diegetic/non-diegetic sound, costumes, cinematography, editing, mise-en-scene, melodrama, gun-fu genre, symbolism, tone, temporality
- Thematic topics covered: post-colonialism, race, gender, cultural themes
- Films annotated for this course: Selma, Do the Right Thing, White Dog, Fruitvale Station, Network, and The Square
- Form and style topics covered: cinematography, doubling, strategic anachronism, discursiveness
- Thematic topics covered: the social problem film, race, scene analysis, and contemporary issues of American culture, politics, and media
That makes three UCLA classes in total, including FTV 6A: History of the American Motion Picture.